Current Job Openings
Title & Escrow Officer
Covenant Closing & Title Services is a fast-growing, innovative, full service title company focused on residential real estate in Northeast Florida. We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team as a Title & Escrow Officer. If you are the best of the best, we welcome the opportunity to show you why we too are the best of the best. Please submit your resume below. Thank you.
Flextime, but generally Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm with weekend and evening events from time to time.
Palm Coast, Florida
The ideal candidate for the Title & Escrow Officer position should possess the ability to work really well with people as this is a customer driven industry. Covenant Closing & Title Services prides itself on providing the highest levels of quality, ethics and customer service in our industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The position will include the responsibilities of preparing settlement statements, preparing closing documents, understanding and complying with escrow instructions, conducting closings and handling funds placed through the company’s escrow account. Examines and analyzes chains of title and records such as deeds, mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, and plat and map books to determine ownership and legal restrictions and to verify legal description of property.
- Ability to read, understand and follow the terms of a real estate contract.
- Copies and summarizes recorded documents such as mortgages, trust deeds, contracts and easements affecting condition of title to property.
- Analyzes recorded documents and prepares title commitments outlining restrictions and actions required to clear title.
- Prices commitments, endorsements, policies and credits using appropriate schedules of fees and charges.
- Performs “file maintenance.” Responds to phone calls and written requests from customers and performs updates and makes changes in accordance with these requests within the guidelines set forth by the insurance underwriters.
- Draw out or plotting legal descriptions.
- Utilizes ResWare title production software.
- Participates in business development and marketing activities to maintain existing customers and acquire new customers.
- May supervise and provide direction to title & escrow processors and/or examiners.
- Conducts training classes for team members, internal and, external customers on title related products and services.
- Prepare closing disclosures.
- Balance files for funding
- Prepare miscellaneous documents.
- Act as the liaison between attorneys and lenders prior to and after closings.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at the very highest level of industry standards.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have, or can obtain, a state of Florida Title Agent license.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, co-workers and public groups.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and a working knowledge of various other office equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills (attention to detail).
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work with confidential information and data.
- Proven customer service experience
- Dynamic personality and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work overtime if necessary
- Ability to work evening & weekends from time to time, especially for community & customer events i.e. open houses, awards dinners, charitable events, fund raisers etc.
- Knowledge of the ResWare production software would be of benefit, but not required.
- Title Agent/Closer: 5+ years (Required)
Licenses or certifications:
- Notary Public (Required, may obtain)
- Florida Title Agent (Required, may obtain)
Job Type: Full-time
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Title, escrow and closing experience do you have?
- Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
- Are you in Palm Coast, FL?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Florida Notary Public?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Florida Title Agent?
For current openings, please submit a detailed resume to email@example.com
If there are no openings at this time that are a match for your skill set, but you want to send us your resume to keep on file, please feel free to do so.